Choco Bulbs


After eons we had a kids birthday party at home, my nephew turned two and he was here in Bangalore for his birthday. When we were small we had an almost fixed menu for our birthday parties – cake, wafers, Rasna, namkeen and chocolates. Then we didn’t even have the concept of return gifts but I see it is the norm nowadays. I somehow feel that on a birthday, the birthday kid should feel special and if all kids get a gift, the novelty of the birthday for the birthday kid is lost. But I guess return gifts are here to stay so there is no use discussing it.

For the kids party on my nephew’s birthday, most things were from the market I only made choco bulbs at home. Here is the recipe.



Ingredients

60 Marie biscuits,
3 tbsp cocoa powder,
3 tbsp butter,
1 tin condensed milk,
¼ tsp vanilla essence,
Cadbury Gems for decoration

Method

Powder the Marie biscuits. Keep aside.

Pour the condensed milk into a mixing bowl and fold in the butter. Add the powdered Marie biscuits (reserve some of this for dusting the choco bulbs), the cocoa powder and the essence. Mix well to form a dough like consistency.

Take a small portion of the dough and shape like a peda, roll in the reserved biscuit powder. Make a depression in the center and place a Cadbury Gems in the depression.

Comments

  1. The only thing I would personally have added to this is once the dough is made, add in a bit of Hershey's Chocolate syrup - so that streaks appear... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Abhinava: Good suggestion will try it the next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice... I liked making the bulbs too reminded me of my clay working days...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. If you liked this post, please post a comment sharing your feedback or suggestion.

Most Liked