Aloo Soya Methi Matar



I simply love this simple sabzi and I remember telling my husband once that if ever I am angry with him, he can make this for me and my anger will fizzle off :-). But I am sure he has forgotten this...

It is a great hit with many of my friends too, it comes out really nice if you use mustard oil and also if you can make it with new potatoes.

Many might think the ‘soya’ in the recipe title refers to soya nuggets, but it is not so. This ‘soya’ refers to dill leaves or ‘shepu’ as it is called in Marathi, but it is called ‘soya’ at my inlaws place and I have now got used to calling it so. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

4 packed cups of chopped fenugreek leaves,
1 to 1½  packed cup of chopped dill leaves,
4 -5 small potatoes,
2 cups of fresh green peas,
4-5 chopped green chillies of to taste,
2 halved red chillies,
Salt to taste,
2 tbsp mustard oil

Method



Ensure the greens are well washed, you don’t want a gritty sabzi.

Peel and chop the potatoes into big chunks.

Heat mustard oil till it is smoking in a large pan. Drop in the halved red chillies. When they start to blacken, add all the other ingredients. Mix well and cover with a lid. Cook till the potato and peas are done. Then bhuno it till the greens darken in colour. Serve with rotis or rice and dal. It also tastes good just with plain rice.

Comments

Most Liked