Squid Curry


Squids are not something I grew up eating. In fact it was never made in our house. The first time I had it was when a family friend bought us some squid curry for sampling made in our native style and I absolutely relished it. Post that I have had squids made in a Chinese style and also a squid fry but I didn’t quite like both these preparations.

Since my husband doesn’t have squids it is something we make very rarely like when my sister comes over. Here is the recipe…



Ingredients

½ kg squid,
1 medium onion (sliced),
Red chillies to taste,
2 tbsp coriander seeds,
Salt to taste,
4 cloves of garlic,
½ tsp turmeric powder,
½ coconut (optional)

Method

Clean and cut the squid. Wash it well.

Cook this with half the onion and salt.

Roast and powder the coriander seeds and red chillies with the turmeric and the garlic cloves.

Add the powdered masala to the cooked squids also add the remaining onion and more salt if required and cook it again well till the masala is done.

Sprinkle the coconut if using it. Serve hot with plain steamed rice.

Comments

Most Liked