Toasted Bread with Spiced Spread and Vegetables


I find breakfast to be, by far, the most difficult meal, especially trying to serve a healthy not too calorie-heavy breakfast. There are plenty of low-cal healthy opnions for breakfast in South-Indian cuisine but my problem is my husband doesn’t like South-Indian food neither does he like corn flakes or oats! And I don’t want to serve him parathas and eggs or bread and butter every day. It is true having a fussy eater as a husband is almost like a dress rehearsal to having a baby…

So I keep wracking my brains for breakfast. I served multigrain toasted bread with a spiced low-cal spread and lightly sautéed vegs and a banana and strawberry smoothie the other day and hubby quite liked it. I hope you like it too…



Ingredients

4 slices of multi-grain bread (even whole-wheat bread would do)
1 small cup fresh home-made paneer from low-fat milk,
1 tsp of red chilli flakes,
Salt to taste,
1 ½ cup of mixed chopped vegs (I used yellow and green bell pepper and baby corn)
1 tsp of olive oil,
A good sprinkling of thyme,
½ tsp of crushed black pepper corns,

Method

Mix the vegetables, olive oil, salt, pepper powder and thyme and let stand for about 10 minutes. Lightly sauté this till cooked but crisp.

Mix the fresh paneer with chilli flakes and some salt.

Toast the bread slices and apply the paneer spread. Top with the sautéed vegetables and serve immediately.

Will post the smoothie recipe tomorrow.

Comments

Most Liked