Chocolate Coffee Cake


I am here in this space after quite a while. The recipe I am posting today is something I had made almost last June during the month of Ramzan and had made it for aftaar the post dusk meal. It’s always very rushed then and there was no time to do any kind of elaborate photography. What I do remember is that the cake was nice.

The hubby and I like coffee flavour especially in ice-creams and this time I tried it with cake. Let’s get down to the recipe….



Ingredients

For the Cake

1 3/4 cups of refined flour,
2 eggs,
2 cups of powdered sugar,
3/4 cups of cocoa powder,
2 teaspoons baking soda,
1 teaspoon baking powder,
1teaspoon salt,
1 cup milk,
1/2 cup of vegetable oil,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
1 cup filter-cofee decoction or 1 cup of coffee made with 3 tsps of instant coffee,
Some butter for greasing the pans

For the Sauce

1 cup of condensed milk,
½ cup sugar,
½ cup coffee decoction
2 tablespoons of cornflour,
3 tablespoons of peanut butter

Method (Cake)

Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.

Mix together the oil, milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Ensure the eggs are at room temperature.

Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet till all the dry ingredients are mixed in. Now add the coffee decoction into the batter. The batter will be runny at this stage.

Grease the butter into the insides of the pan. It is best to use a pan like the one I have used or even a bundt pan to ensure even cooking.

Preheat the oven for ten minutes to 190oC. Bake the cake for 50 minutes or till a knife comes out clean.

Let it cool in the pan completely then turn it over on a rack.

Method (Sauce)

Mix together the condensed milk, cornflour, peanut butte and sugar. Heat it gently till it thickens. Take it off the heat and fold in the coffee decoction.

Assembling the Cake

Pour the sauce over the cake. You can choose to decorate the cake with chocolate sprinkles.

Comments

  1. Chocolate and coffee combination is one of my favorite flavor. I am gonna try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I too love this combination of flavours. Do try it and let me know how it turned out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. If you liked this post, please post a comment sharing your feedback or suggestion.

Most Liked