Almond Cake

I have realized I tend to make savoury bakes more frequently than sweet. Sweet bakes are relegated to the times my sister comes visiting. But this time it was an exception, I baked an almond cake and it turned out so good I baked it again soon enough and also managed to capture some shots for my blog.

 


This cake is a rather dense cake due to the powdered almonds, but it is so flavourful and rich. I won’t be surprised if I make it again really soon.

Ingredients

150 grams of butter,
1 cup of powdered sugar,
3 lightly beaten eggs,
1 cup of ground almonds (I ground it with the peels),
100 gms of refined flour,
1 teaspoon baking powder,
1 tablespoon milk or as required,
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla essence,
1/4 teaspoon salt

Method

Ensure the butter is at room temperature. Cream the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy, this might take about 2-3 minutes. Now add in the eggs and beat again for a minute.

Now add in the the almond powder, refined flour, baking powder, vanilla essence, salt & milk. Beat this well till it turns light and fluffy.



Spoon this into a baking tin and spread evenly. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for ten minutes and then bake for 40-45 minutes. This time will actually depend on the size of your baking tin as well as your oven.

Once baked and top is well browned run a thin knife around the sides and loosen the cake. Overturn it over a wire rack and let it cool.


Comments

Most Liked