Coffee Walnut Cookies

I don’t bake cookies often but when I saw this recipe shared in one of the Facebook groups I am part of I simply had to try it, as I love coffee flavour in dishes be it cake, ice cream or any other dessert.

This recipe was shared by a baker who has her own baking venture called Baker by the Night.

I have used her recipe with just a few minor tweeks.

When I served it at home, my nephew asked me ‘How were you trying to make this?’

I didn’t quite get it, then he asked ‘Were you trying to make it sweet, its not sweet!’ 😊

Ok so its not something the kids at home appreciated but the adults loved it. If you are making it for kids you can increase the sugar quantity a bit.

Here goes the recipe…

Ingredients

100 grams room temperature butter,
200 grams whole wheat flour,
4 teaspoons instant coffee powder,
140 grams powdered sugar,
1 teaspoon of butterscotch essence,
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda,
1 teaspoon of baking powder,
75 grams of chopped walnuts,
2-3 tablespoons of milk

Method

Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except the milk and mix till you get a crumby dough.

Add the milk bit by bit and mix till the dough comes together. Don’t add more milk than specified. Roll this into a log and cling wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Once hardened, unwrap and cut into 7-8 mm thick slices.

Arrange on a baking paper (with an inch gap between each cookie pair) and bake for 30-40 mins at 170°C, in a pre-heated oven. I didn’t have the baking paper and I didn’t want to bake in batches so my cookies both got stuck to my baking tray as well as to each other…but that didn’t affect the taste just the appearance. Will take care next time.

Take the cookies out and allow them to cool completely before touching. Store in an airtight jar.

Comments

  1. Look so delicious, Thanks for the share this recipe.
    Coffee Walnut Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really useful blog to find some different sources to add food knowledge to. I came across new professional blog and I am impressed by the information shared by you. If you are looking for affordable dry fruits, check out the link

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. If you liked this post, please post a comment sharing your feedback or suggestion.

Most Liked