Instant Orange Kheer


There was this yesteryears magazine called Savvy. I don’t think it is published anymore now. This magazine had a section where readers could have their 15- minute recipes posted. I had made it years ago and noted it in my book. Had been wanting to make it again. This recipe calls for orange cream biscuits and I think I have purchased it at least six times in the last few years thinking I will repeat the recipe…but the biscuits would get consumed in some other way.



Finally I managed to make it again but it didn’t turn out as good as it did years ago. But I always think it is not easy to match up to a memory…as a memory has many layers to it, it is not just the taste that we remember, also how we were feeling then, who was with us and also what level of exposure we had then.

However here is the recipe, so you can try it and you might like it as you do not have any memory to match it up with 😊.

Ingredients

1 cup cooked rice (the rice should be soft),
4 cups milk,
5-6 orange cream biscuits,
1 cup sugar,
6-7 cashews,
2 tablespoons grated apple,
A pinch of cardamom powder

Method

Soak the biscuits in a cup of milk. Once soaked, stir till it is well mixed.


Mix about half a cup of milk with the rice.

Heat the remaining milk with sugar and add the rice and milk mixture and the biscuit mixture. Cook this till it thickens. Mix in the chopped cashews.

It is ready to serve. You can serve it either warm or cold. Garnish it with the grated apple while serving.

Comments

  1. Seems so tempting and quick to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a very quick to prepare dish and I had first seen it in a 15 minute recipe section.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. If you liked this post, please post a comment sharing your feedback or suggestion.

Most Liked