Corn Chivda



I generally make chivda or namkeen using poha or beaten rice, this time I thought I would try to make it using corn. Since I wanted to send it for my cousins I made a large batch. Here is how I went about making it...



Ingredients

8-9 cups of corn flakes (I used the hard un-puffed ones unlike the branded ones which you can have with milk),
1 cup peanuts (my hubby likes an overdose of peanuts in his namkeen so he made me increase this to almost ¼ of a kilo),
½ cup roasted gram dal,
¼ cup cashew halves,
¼ cup raisins,
¼ cup sliced dry coconut,
Salt to taste,
A handful of curry leaves,
2-3 green chillies,
2 tsp red chilli powder,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
1 tsp sugar,
Oil for deep frying

Method

Deep fry the corn flakes, ensure the oil is really hot or else they don’t puff up really well. Drain well and keep aside.

Heat about 2 tbsp oil and add the peanuts and fry on a low flame till it starts turning light brown. At this stage tip in the roasted gram dal, cashew halves, raisins, sliced dry coconut, curry leaves and finely chopped green chillies. When the peanuts start turning dark brown in colour add the red chilli powder and turmeric powder.

Mix this, sugar and the salt into the fried corn flakes. Mix well.

Let it cool completely before shifting it to a storage container.

Comments

Most Liked