Sabudana Khichdi



Growing up in Mumbai I had seen sabudana khichdi made in many houses but it would always be a disaster when we made it at home what with us trying to put in lot of oil to prevent it becoming a lump...but it would inevitably turn into one. I guess we didn’t use the coarsely powdered roasted peanuts.

Anyways today I am going to post a recipe I learned from my friend Maneesha and this recipe uses whole peanuts instead of powdered peanuts.

Ingredients

1.5 cups sabudana or sago,
1-2 medium sized boiled potatoes,
1/2 cup peanuts (I used more peanuts as that is how my husband likes it),
Chopped green chillies to taste,
1 tsp chopped ginger,
Salt to taste,
2 tsp oil

Method

Wash and soak the sabudana for about 2-3 hours. I generally soak it overnight as I most often make it for breakfast.

Heat oil and add the peanuts and fry till they deepen in colour. Now add the chopped ginger and green chillies and fry till the ginger and green chillies are fried then add the sabudana, coarsely mashed potatoes and salt. Cook till done, this takes about 5-6 minutes.



If you want your peanuts to retain its crispness, you can fry the peanuts and then fold them in once the khichdi is almost done.

Comments

Most Liked